Some opinions say that Rosella plants are original from India, but there are also opinions that say Rosella comes from West Africa. Rosella plant was originally introduced in Malaysia since over the past three hundred years. In Western India is often referred to as Jamaican Sorrel.
Rosella trees grown from seeds / seedlings and can grow to a height reaching 3-5 meters. These plants bloom almost all year round. Rosella brightly colored flowers, flower petals darker and thicker when compared with hibiscus / shoes. Rosella flower parts which can be processed into food are petals (Calyx), which has a very sour taste.
Nutritional value of Rosella flower teaRosella flowers contain 260-280 mg of vitamin C, vitamin D, B1 and B2 in each 100 gram. Rosella tea itself contains very high calcium, approximately 486 mg / 100 gr. It also contains Magnesium, Omega 3, Vitamin A, Iron, Potassium, Beta Carotene & Essential Acids.
Rosella leaves can also be eaten as a side dish or salad. Meanwhile in Africa, Roselle seeds eaten since believed to contain certain oils. In Sudan, Roselle processed into traditional drink is called Karkadeh and also national drink of Sudan.
In addition to Sudan, in the country that make rosella flowers to drink their nationality, many countries where people have felt the benefits of rosella. Whether it is made into tea or served in other ways.
Some health benefits of Rosella flowers tea
- The first benefit is can increase stamina and endurance.
- Rosella flowers are also detoxification (neutralizing poison).
- Lowering blood pressure, blood sugar levels, uric acid and cholesterol in the body
- By drink rosella tea can also treat a cough, sore throat and canker sores.
- Rosella tea can treat migraine.
- Red Rosella can smooth the skin and reduce wrinkled.
- Streamline the body and able to lose weight. It must be very beneficial for women.
- Especially for the kids, because rosella flowers contain Omega3, it can spur the growth of DHA.
- Not only to cure any disease, rosella flower tea can also smooth the skin and reduce wrinkles on the face.
- Remarkably, red rosella flowers can also help addicts. Ex smokers can reduce the negative impact of nicotine and beneficial for reducing dependence on drugs.