Parkia speciosa proved to that not only provide energy, but also can prevent and even overcome some kinds of diseases and conditions, so it's no wonder when Parkia speciosa be one of your favorite foods in some countries.
Here are some health benefits of Parkia speciosa:
- Lower High blood pressure. This unique tropical plant is very high in potassium, but low salt, making it perfect for fighting high blood pressure or Hypertension. U.S. FDA even allowed plantation of Parkia speciosa to make official claims for the fruit's that have ability to lower blood pressure and stroke risk.
- Regulate body temperature. Many other cultures see Parkia speciosa as the `cold ' fruit that are able to lower the temperature of the body and emotions. In Netherlands for example, pregnant women eat Parkia speciosa to ensure their baby is born with lower temperature.
- Liver and Renal medicine. Free radicals are easily found in various food products, especially on products that are fried or baked. Hydrogen peroxide; superoxide anion, and hydroxyl, are examples of free radicals. Molecule is very unstable, highly reactive, and tissue damage. Free radicals will be helpless when faced with antioxidants.
- Constipation, because high in fiber, then Parkia speciosa or stink bean will restore normal bowel action, helping to overcome the problem without resorting to laxatives.
- Anemia. with high iron content, Parkia speciosa can stimulate production of red blood cells and help in case of anemia.
- Anti Depression. According to a survey undertaken by mind among people suffering from depression, many felt much better after eating Parkia speciosa. This happens because of Parkia speciosa contain tryptophan, a type of protein that the body converts into serotonin. This will make you relax, improve your mood and generally make you feel happier.
- Improve Brain Power. 200 students at Twickenham (Middlesex) school were helped through their exams last year by eating Parkia speciosa at breakfast, break, and lunch. Research has shown that the potassium-packed fruit can assist learning by making pupils more alert.
- PMS (premenstrual syndrome). If you get PMS, you do not need pills, quite overcome by eating Parkia speciosa. Vitamin B6 contained in Parkia speciosa regulated blood sugar levels, which can help the mood.
- Pain Ulcers. Parkia speciosa (petai bean) is used as the dietary food against intestinal that serve as guardians of the digestive tract, because of its soft texture and smoothness. This fruit is the only raw fruit that can be eaten without distress in over-chronicler cases. It also neutralizes over-acidity and reduces irritation by coating the lining of the stomach.
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) - (a chaotic emotional illness). If you compare it with apples, Parkia speciosa has 4 times more protein, twice the carbohydrate, three times the phosphorus, five times the vitamin A and iron, and twice the other vitamins and minerals. Parkia speciosa is also rich in potassium. So like when the Parkia speciosa nicknamed "A Parkia speciosa a day keeps the doctor away".
So this time, our health topics about Parkia speciosa nutrition and health benefits. Parkia speciosa, although many benefits, do not eat too much, because it has the negative impact on your digestion. What is your opinion? Please leave a comment below.