Prevent Alzheimer's With Peanuts - Perhaps many do not know that peanuts turned out to save a lot of nutrients that are beneficial to health, such as preventing Alzheimer's and reduce the risk of colon cancer.
Definition of Alzheimer's
Alzheimer's disease is a progressive, degenerative disorder that attacks the brain's nerve cells, or neurons, resulting in loss of memory, thinking and language skills, and behavioral changes.
These neurons, which produce the brain chemical, or neurotransmitter, acetylcholine, break connections with other nerve cells and ultimately die. For example, short-term memory fails when Alzheimer's disease first destroys nerve cells in the hippocampus, and language skills, and judgment decline when neurons die in the cerebral cortex.
Two types of abnormal lesions clog the brains of individuals with Alzheimer's disease: Beta-amyloid, plaques-sticky clumps of protein fragments and cellular material than from outside and around neurons; and neurofibrillary tangles-insoluble twisted fibers composed largely of the protein tau that build-up inside nerve cells. Although these structures are hallmarks of the disease, Scientists are unclear whether they cause it or a byproduct of it.
Alzheimer's disease is the most common cause of dementia, or loss of intellectual function, Among people aged 65 and older.
Alzheimer's disease is not a normal part of aging. Origin of the term Alzheimer's disease dates back to 1906 when Dr. Alois Alzheimer, a German physician presented a case history before a medical meeting of a 51-year-old woman suffered from a WHO rare brain disorder. A brain autopsy identified the plaques and tangles that today characterize Alzheimer's disease.
Any other benefits of peanuts
- Peanuts contain high concentrations of antioxidants and polyphenols. A compound that called p-coumaric acid. P-coumaric acid works to increase the antioxidants in the body by 22 percent. Roasted peanuts, contains more than p-coumaric acid, boiled or fried peanuts. Antioxidant content in peanuts roasted with blueberries and blackberries, also much higher than apples, tomatoes and beets.
- Salted peanuts are not good for the arteries. One-fourth cup of peanuts contains unsaturated fatty acids as much as one teaspoon of olive oil. Unsaturated fats have a good reputation as lowering blood cholesterol levels.
- High content of niacin in peanuts helps repair damaged cells, and is believed to ward off Alzheimer's and various health problems due to aging.
- Peanuts contain vitamin E, which is also one of a family of antioxidants that can reduce the risk of cancer and cardiovascular disease significantly.
- Peanuts contain iron, which is very important to improve the function of red blood cells.
- Peanuts are rich in calcium to maintain bone health.
- Peanuts have a high bioflavonoid resveratrol. This substance helps the blood flow to the brain, either to reduce the risk of stroke. Adding a bit of a product containing peanuts in the diet can reduce levels of bad cholesterol in the blood by 14%.
- Fiber in peanuts helps lower risk of colon cancer.
- Peanuts are rich in protein, so it could be the choice of proper nutrition for those who are on a muscle-building program.
How Peanuts can prevent Alzheimer's?
Because peanuts are rich in niacin, They are good for Preventing Alzheimer's disease. Niacin is good to protect Alzheimer's disease and age-related cognitive decline.
All the major nutrients in peanuts, including vitamin E, niacin, folate, protein, manganese and monounsaturated fats are very heart healthy. Resveratrol is also very good to lower risk of cardiovascular disease.
Peanuts contain antioxidant properties That Reduced cardiovascular and coronary heart diseases. However, it is important to consume any peanuts or other nuts in moderation to get the cardiovascular benefits.
In Addition, That research also showed a regular intake of nuts, peanuts or peanut butter lower risk of developing gallstones. What did you think about prevent Alzheimer's with peanuts? Please leave a comment.